Monday, December 12, 2011

MEXICO CITY: TWO WEEKS AND COUNTING!!!

Hey Mom,
How's everybody doing? What's new with everyone? Things here are still going great. Time has gone by so fast I can't believe I only have 2 weeks left here. I gave a talk yesterday in Spanish at Sacrament meeting. It was about the Doctrine of Jesus Christ and I think it went pretty well. They don't tell you beforehand who is going to speak at Sacrament so everybody has to prepare a talk just in case. When the President got up and said that we would be hearing from Elder Johnson today my stomach dropped, I had prepared a talk, but I was still scared to do it in Spanish. Anyways it went good though and I even added some stuff to my talk that I hadn't written down in Spanish.

I'm both excited and a little nervous to leave, only because of the
Spanish. Our teacher that our first companion will almost certainly be a native. He said they don't like to pair up two gringos together because white kids don't know what they're doing in Mexico. I'm a little worried about not being able to communicate with my companion, because right now it seems like I can only speak gospel Spanish. I'm sure I'll learn quickly though.

Nobody in my district has heard anything about their Visas. I have no idea if we should be worried about them or not. Our teachers have no idea what the status is either, the travel office in Salt Lake does everything. Hopefully we'll hear something this week; I guess you usually get your Visas a week and a half before you leave. If we don't get them we'll either stay at the MTC for a week or 2 extra, or they said they could send us somewhere stateside for a little while. It's all speculation though, nobody knows anything for sure, we just have to wait and hear from the travel office.

I found out that I get to be a host for the new missionaries on
Wednesday, I'm way excited to do that. I'm hoping that I'll get to do it next week too, so I can pick up Kalin.

For Christmas, do you think you please get me an English/Spanish picture dictionary? My companion has one and it seems like it would help a ton. Make sure you get the one for English people learning Spanish and not the other way around. His parents got his at Barnes & Noble for like $20.

I've gotta run to the temple but I'll be back on later, not sure what time though. Thanks so much for everything. I love you!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment