Monday, August 5, 2013

July 22, 2013

The Pyramids at Teotihuacan
¡Hola Mommy! That sounds way fun you guys got to camping, I’m not going to lie I’m a little jealous, it’s just because I’m sick of living in such a big city with all the traffic and pollution and what not. I almost forgot it was Fiesta Days right now, let me know how the parade and everything goes this week. This week was a super super busy one. Tuesday was the first day with my comp in our area, it was kind of hard because we got lost a lot and I’m still learning all the street names and everything. On Wednesday we had a meeting with the stake president and President Morales to talk about the entire stake and the missionary work for every ward and everything like that. It was a ton of preparation, we had to make a list of all the converts from the last year from the entire stake and see if they were still active, if they had callings or priesthood all the stuff like that for the entire stake! On Thursday we had interviews with president. I went first and then we had to wait for our whole zone to have their interviews it took like 4 hours. It was cool though, we had a pancake breakfast with just us and the zone leaders from another zone in the morning. On Friday a missionary called and said he blew his nose and a bloody worm came out so I had to take him and the worm to the doctor so he could see what was up and yes he has parasites, pinworms to be exact. Poor guy he goes home in like 2 weeks and now can’t eat tacos or anything like that until he´s home. On Saturday my comp and I could finally work a complete day together, and we had to go help with a baptismal service in the morning and there wasn’t water in the font so I had to climb up onto the top of the church and try to fix the water pump and tank. In all it was a pretty crazy week but I truly love all the madness. Today we went to Teotihuacan, it was way fun. I went with 5 other elders, all gringos. I´m the only one that has been before, so it was fun to go with them and see everything. I think its definitely the last time I’ll ever go, President hardly gives permission to go there anymore because it’s so far away but he gave us permission because Elder Ostler is going home in 2 weeks and we all wanted to take him so after giving President a pancake breakfast we asked him permission and he said yes. It was a fun day, I bought some fun souvenirs for everybody. My neck where the collar doesn’t cover is so sunburnt, I have such a bad farmers tan! I took money out yesterday to buy souvenirs today, sorry but I think I’m about set on souvenirs for everybody now. I love you mom, thank you so much for all you´ve always done for me, I honestly don’t know where I’d be without you. Have a great week I love you! Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment