Tuesday, July 16, 2013

July 15, 2013

Hey Mom! Sorry today has been a little crazy. This morning Elder Ostler and I had to hurry and wash our clothes and he got all packed up super-fast so we could have time to go the center, and get back before 4. You see my comp had special changes today and we had to go at 4:00 to meet with President and some other elders to do the changes. My comp had changes because he´s going home in a couple of weeks and I received Elder Robinson as my new comp. I still don’t know him too well yet but he’s from Star Valley, Wyoming seems to be a pretty cool guy. I´m actually training him to be zone leader, before he was district leader in the South mission. He knows who Elder Stevens is. The thing that’ll be kind of hard is that I don’t really know the area too well yet, and so we´ll probably get lost a couple of times in the streets this week ha ha. This week went really well for us, we were blessed to be able to baptize a family of 4 people. They were a golden family and are already starting to share the gospel with their other family members as well. Their baptism was really cool! The Bishop and 2 priests baptized them so the priests could get excited for missionary work. This week we also did lots of service. On Saturday we started painting house at 7:30 am and didn’t stop painting until 2:30 in the afternoon. It was pretty fun to be able to serve some of the members here, but we were super dirty after. I was actually painting the bottom of the wall and bent down and touched my head to the wet paint, and ya I painted a big glob of my hair bright blue it was great. Don’t worry it came out with paint thinner after though. So today I don’t have too much time to write because we still have to do a couple things and we have an appointment here in a little bit. That’s weird about the letter last week, but I’m glad you got it even though it was late. Tell Brother Garcia I’m right by the Metro Pantitlan (its pronounced Panteetlahn) and he´ll know right where I’m at. Thanks so much for everything mom, I love you have a great week! Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment