Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hey Everybody!

So this was the first week of my 2nd transfer here in Meridian. I can't believe that I've already been here that long; it has gone by so fast! My new companion, Elder Ocaranza is way cool. I've made lots of friends here now, and it's going to be kind of hard to leave here when I get my Visa.

On Saturday, our whole mission gathered, and Elder M Russell Ballard paid us a visit. He gave an amazing talk, and then let a couple missionaries ask him questions. We all got to shake his hand after, and my companions and I were some of the last people to shake his hand, and instead of shaking hands we gave him a hug instead! I can now say that I've hugged an apostle!













Elder M Russell Ballard

This was not a very good week for investigators. We thought we were going to have 5 investigators at church, and we only had 1 show up. However, I did something that I never thought I was going to have to do as a missionary. We visited Mr. Eduardo, who is an older man from El Salvador that lives alone and he was sick so he asked if anybody knew how to take blood pressure. I kind of remembered how to do it from Mr. Staheli's class so I did it and it was kind of funny but way cool to be able to help him.

The people here are still taking way good care of us; I even got a Tucano’s meal for free this week! I'm getting to be good friends with lots of the members here now too. Anyways I've got to run to the store, keep me updated on everything!

Con Amor
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment