Tuesday, May 7, 2013

May6, 2013

Hey Mommy! So this week’s letter is going to be a little short because I’ll be talking with you guys on Sunday, and we don’t have a whole lot of time either because we went to downtown Distrito Federal today. The prom pics are way cool it looks like a fun group. Things are going awesome right now. We had another baptism yesterday. Adriana, a 14 year old girl got baptized. She`s the only member from her family but her mom and little brothers came to church the day she got baptized and we`ve been teaching them as well. We did a really cool family home evening with her whole family and the member family that gave us their reference on Saturday night. We watched Mormon message with them and talked about forgiveness and then played a couple of games. It’s awesome to see that because of Adriana the whole family is getting excited now and learning more about the gospel. I had one downer this week. On Thursday I went to a doctor to get an ingrown toenail cut out. It hurt like a mother and they didn’t give me anything to numb it once again. I was literally screaming and punching the cement wall because it hurt so badly. I`m so done with Mexican healthcare... But the good thing is it feels all better now and it`s not bothering me at all. Today we went to downtown Mexico City it was way fun. 6 of us went and we met a couple of other elders there. We mostly just went around like tourists seeing some of the sites here. I sent you a couple pics. The craziest part was on the way home, it was rush hour and the metro was so full, the first 2 times the metro passed by we couldn’t even fit. We actually tried to the second time and the other people pushed us out and the door closed on me! That’s why I had to teach all the other elders to "box out" it was hilarious. It was crazy we finally got on after and we couldn’t even move, I got a little claustrophobic and there’s not really any air conditioner it was like a sauna in there with so many people. I would have loved to have a picture of that but I couldn’t even reach into my pocket to grab my camera because we were all so crammed in there. I can’t wait to talk to you guys on Sunday, its freaking me out that it’s the last time I’ll talk to you before I get home and talk to ya`ll in person! We`ll be fine mom don’t worry, we`ll just go home in taxi or something. I have to call you guys that late because as DL I have a meeting every Sunday afternoon so my son is going to talk to his family earlier with another elder and then I and another DL are going to go call our mommies. I honestly love what I’m doing and am so grateful to be a tool in the Lord`s hands. I know this church is true and that God loves us and through Christ`s atonement we can be clean and have the peace and joy that we`re all looking for. Have a great week I love you! Elder Johnson Me teaching the Elders to "box out" on the Metro The Elder's "boxing out"! Trompo-this is what the tacos are made of, it is so good but I'm not sure what it is! A Cathedral in DF A Museum in DF King Nezahualcoyotl

No comments:

Post a Comment