Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April 29, 2013

Hey Mom! It sounds like everything is going great. Tell Brock I know exactly how he feels I’ve lived like that for about 15 months in Mexico now! Today we just relaxed and went and ate some giant hamburgers and we even found Dr Pepper at a store before that. We 3 gringos were pumped! This week we had 2 other baptisms. Micaela and her son in law Karim both got baptized. They´re family members of the Lugo family, one of the most active and faithful families in the ward. They´re both awesome converts, Karim actually even gave the opening prayer in sacrament meeting 2 weeks ago, even though he wasn´t even a member at that time and during the testimony last month he shared his testimony with everybody saying that before he didn´t really believe in God, but through the Church has come to know that He lives and loves us. Micaela´s nephew who´s 19 years old and getting ready to go on a mission got to baptize them, I was so happy it was perfect to get him excited to go on a mission. The baptismal service was so big that we had to have the service in the sacrament room and then go into where the baptismal font is and watch the baptism like standing room only style. The primary kids all sang too and another elder played the piano for them and everything it was honestly the best most spiritual baptismal service I’ve ever seen most of the members were crying and everything. This week has been yet another crazy busy week, I did divisions 2 days with another elder from district and then did like 6 baptismal interviews this week for other elders. My district right now is one of the best districts in the mission I’m so thankful for all the success the Lord is giving us. My comp and I get along so great and we´re working so hard. Hey I took out money the other day, not to buy anything in specific, just because the money I had from the mission ran out so I needed dinero for transport and everything. I can’t think of anything special for Brother Garcia to bring me. Tell him thanks so much for bringing me another package. Ask him where he lived I want to see if I’m anywhere close. My area is part of the state of Mexico but we´re right on the edge and 2 of the areas in my district are part of the Federal District, we´re right in the middle of everything here in La Perla! Here we got lots of gangsters, drugs and baptisms! I hope you have a great week, thanks for everything I love you and can’t wait to talk to you guys in a couple weeks! Elder Johnson Baptism of Micaela and Karim Gangsters! Sleepover. Eating giant hamburgers!

No comments:

Post a Comment