Monday, May 27, 2013

May 20, 2013

HEY MOMMY!! This morning we went to one of the stake centers from our mission to hear Elder Halstrom, of the presidency of the 70 and his wife speak to us. Also Elder Johnson from the 70 and our Presidente Morales and his wife spoke to us as well. It was part of an 11 day tour of Mexico that Elder Halstrom, Elder Holland and Elder Christofferson are doing. It was really cool and he spoke to us about repentance, and how we can all be better at something, and then gave us time to ask him questions about the work. We went together as a zone to the conference, as it was about an hour away from our area in a bus that we rented. The work is still going great here in La Perla. This week a couple got married on Friday that we have been teaching and they both got baptized yesterday. Luis and Sofia are the parents of 2 kids that got baptized 1 and 2 weeks ago. It was so great to see them come together as a family, and see the changes that they have made. My companion baptized the mom and the dad asked me to baptize him. I know that this is exactly what the Lord wants, He wants the families to be together and hopefully they can do everything they need to be able to enter the temple and be sealed in 1 year. I´ll send you the pictures next week because my camera died and the pics are only my comps camera. Yesterday at church was a great day. Karim, a convert that we baptized about 4 weeks ago blessed the sacrament and David, a 14 year old kid that we baptized about 6 weeks ago gave a talk in church. The Spirit was so strong and I felt so great and content to be able to see both of them participating and progressing in the Gospel. So the drama with my poor toe continues. My toe was still really hurting me these last couple of weeks so I went to the doctor on Friday and the doctor first just tried to take my ingrown toenail out again without anesthesia, but it was pretty infected and was hurting me like crazy, so for the first time in my whole life I asked the doctor for a shot!!!! And the crazy thing is he said he couldn’t give it to me because he´s restricted to give them to elders. I was super worried but after like 5 minutes of begging him to numb my toe he gave me two shots and took the ingrown toenail out. Don’t worry I have it all on video I was screaming and everything, but I’m all good now. Mom I hope you get feeling better really soon, I’ll be praying for you every day. Thank you so much for all the support and for always writing me and remembering me. Have a great week I love you!!! Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment