Tuesday, April 16, 2013

April 8, 2013

Hey mom, It looks like you guys had way fun in California and even though the team’s didn’t do very good I’m glad to hear that Connor and Brock did and that everybody had a good time. The pics are way cool too thank you. I loved general conference this week, I was able to receive answers to lots of questions I had and it was great to be able to hear the messages in English as well. I understand everything just fine, but there’s nothing quite like hearing the real voices of the apostles and prophets. My favorite talks were from L. Tom Perry and Jeffrey R. Holland as well and I also really liked Quentin L. Cook´s talk about peace. He told us 3 weeks ago when he came here that his conference talk was going to be about that. I did miss the majority of the first session on Saturday because I was doing a baptismal interview but I think I’m going to try to watch it online. We had some investigators come to the stake center on both Saturday and Sunday to see the conference and we gave them a tour of everything and taught them about the baptismal font and as they saw the font they felt the Spirit really strong and have the desire to be baptized. Both of them have a baptismal date for this coming Sunday and we´re really excited for them. So as you already know, I’m back in La Perla. The new bishop here is awesome and is an ex missionary so he knows what’s up when it comes to missionary work. The members have all been so excited to see me again it’s been pretty fun. Also, on Monday night at 10:40 I got a call saying that I was going to be training again, and so on Tuesday I received my second son, Elder Torres from Sonora. He´s way cool and so excited to work. We get along great and have been working like Negros this week. He was actually in California for a couple months and played minor league professional soccer for the Chivas USA. We went and played soccer today and I was playing goalie and took a shot so hard on me that it about took my head off. Let’s just say he pretty much schooled all of us. We´ve been really busy today with a meeting, playing soccer, washing 3 weeks’ worth of clothes and teaching a lesson, so sorry the letters going to be kind of short. I hope you have a great week mom, I love you and miss you, but I can’t believe that I only have 1 more conference left and then I’ll be home that some month! It’s really kind of freaking me out! Take care and keep me updated on everything, I love hearing about all that’s going on. I love you! Elder Johnson My two sons Playing soccer General Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment