Tuesday, July 17, 2012

July 16, 2012

Hey Mom, So this week my companion and I have been healthy, and I finished giving all of the shots in his butt. It has been raining everyday too, and when it rains here, it pours. This week we had interviews with President, and they went good. President Morales doesn’t talk a whole lot so the interviews with everybody went really fast. We only have 1 week left of this exchange and I’m anxious to see if I’ll be leaving Texcoco or getting a new companion. I did exchanges for 2 days this week in another area, Chapingo. I had taught one of their investigators 3 times, and she asked me if I would baptize her. I felt kind of bad she didn’t want the missionaries from her actual ward to baptize her, but they told me it was fine. We were going to have her service on Saturday morning, but her bipolar aunt that she lives with wouldn’t let her, and I got really frustrated but I guess that’s how the mission is sometimes, and this isn’t the first time I’ve seen Satan work really hard on somebody right before they take a big step in their lives, like being baptized. The first day I was with a new gringo that doesn’t speak very much Spanish, so I had to teach almost everything. I used to not like to have to teach everything, but now it’s not really a big deal. We also spoke again in sacrament meeting yesterday, and its getting really easy to prepare a talk in about 2 minutes. Today for P day we didn’t really do anything exciting, just went to an investigators house to eat rabbit because she invited us earlier in the week. I can’t really think of anything that I want for my birthday, I’ll be happy with whatever. Here are some pictures from this week. I ate the brother of the rabbit that I’m holding, its been raining a ton here lately, and there’s a cute little puppy.
Mom: Did the rabbit taste like chicken? Elder Johnson: The rabbit actually kind of did taste like chicken, but the meat was pretty tough. Mom: Where is your rain jacket? Elder Johnson: I have my rain jacket, and I use it every now and then, its just hard to carry around with me walking everywhere and in the buses and everything so I usually just get a little wet, and it usually only rains in the afternoon. Mom: Wow, you have eaten some pretty interesting stuff while you have been on your mission! Elder Johnson: Ya, my stomach has been through a real test here! I’m going to be able to eat anything when I get back in the States! Sorry, I don’t have too many stories from this week, and I’m almost out of internet time as well. Take care, thanks for everything, I love you! Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment