Tuesday, June 26, 2012

June 25, 2012

¡Hola! So this was an interesting week. I had my first ingrown toenail, and I hope I never have another one. It had been bugging me for about a week, so on Wednesday night my companion tried to cut it with some scissors we had. He said he knew what he was doing, but I’m really pretty sure he didn’t. Anyways the next morning when I woke up my toe was really big so I called the doctor and had to go see the mission doctor that day, and he lives in the MTC which is right by the Mexico City temple. A member, Jorge, gave us a ride there, and the doctor said that my toe had lots of infection, and he gave me a prescription to buy some pills but that’s all he did because he’s just a general doctor. After that we went to the temple and ate. It’s way cool looking; I’ll send you some pics. Anyways after that we went back to the Jorge’s house and we ate and watched some movies and stuff because I wasn’t supposed to walk for a couple of days. When his wife got home from work she told us she had a friend who was a podiatrist so we went to see her to see if she could help me. She cut my nail, and I think it was honestly the most painful thing that I’ve ever had done in my life. She didn’t numb it or anything because she said there was a chance I could have an allergic reaction. For the first time in my life I actually wanted to get a shot but I couldn’t! After like half an hour of cutting and digging on my poor toe she finished. Jorge and my companion had to grab me so I wouldn’t move, it was quite the site. Anyways the next day I felt a little better and we went to our zone conference. Sister Morales, the President’s wife had heard what happened with my foot and made me take my shoe off during the meeting. The doctor told me that I shouldn’t walk for a couple days, so after the conference we just went home and watched church movies. The next day we worked though and yesterday we had a cool experience where one of our investigators was baptized by her husband, who had been less active. They got married on Friday, and then her husband talked to the bishop and everything so that he could baptize her. She’s nineteen years old and 8 months pregnant too, so it was really cool to be able to help their family start out right. I had already gotten the package with the CD´s and the money and everything, and then at zone conference I got the other package with the garments and candy. I also got the package from Brother Garcia at zone conference. You don’t need to worry about putting on the packages that they need to be delivered before one o clock, even though I liked the Spanish you used on the shipping label. Thank you so much for everything, the hard drive is really nice. Tell Brother Garcia thanks very much too. Everything’s going great, and I have everything I’ll need for a while. I’m glad you guys got my packages, that’s a bummer the axe got confiscated, that was the coolest thing I sent to you guys. Hopefully I can go the pyramids again and I’ll buy another one. Thanks so much for everything, I love you! Love Elder Johnson Zone Conference Elder Johnson and his companion at the Mexico City Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment