Tuesday, June 5, 2012

June 5, 2012

Hey Mom! This week was really crazy. I did exchanges with Elder Ortega on Tuesday and worked in another area, and then on Wednesday and Thursday I did exchanges with Elder Goodrich, who has only been here for a month and worked here in area Texcoco. It was really good to work with both of them, and I’m getting to be really confident as the missionary who has to do the majority of the teaching and talking. Also on Thursday morning I went to Los Reyes, a city about an hour away, to help the family get married that we baptized last week. The rule is they can’t get baptized until they’re married, but they promised they wouldn’t sleep in the same house until they were married so we were able to baptize them last week. This Saturday we thought we were going to have another baptism of a 15 year old kid, but he never showed up to his own baptismal service, so we called him and then he told us he wasn’t sure anymore and didn’t want to get baptized today. It kind of stunk because the baptismal font was all full and everything was ready to go, but I guess there’s not really a whole lot we can do. This week is the last full week of my companion’s mission; it’s so weird with him getting ready to go home and everything. I’m going to miss him, we’ve been working really well together and we’re really good friends too. It has still been really hot here this week, and then it rained really hard on us on Saturday and we were out running through it for a while. I think it might have made me sick, because I woke up on Sunday with a sore throat and not feeling very good, but luckily there’s a sister who is a doctor in our ward and she checked me out at the church and gave me a prescription for antibiotics. They changed the law 2 years ago and now you have to get a prescription for antibiotics here. Other than that though, I’m perfect health wise. My feet are better and everything. Today for P day it was our zone activity. Every 6 weeks we have an activity as a zone where we try to do something a little fun. Today we went clear to the center of Mexico City to a wax museum and the Ripley’s Believe it or not museum. It was pretty fun, and the best part was we got to go eat at Carl’s Jr. after. It was the most like America I’ve felt since I’ve been here. They had English music and everything! Have you guys seen Men in Black 3 yet? I’ve already seen the pirated version on sale on the streets and everything, man I really want to see it. It will be on my list after the Avengers. I’m glad to hear everything’s going good and you’re off to another busy summer. That’s good primary is going better, you would really definitely appreciate the organization in our ward if you saw how things are ran here. It would be so weird to start on time for once! I still haven’t gotten any packages from you guys, but I’ll let you know when I do. I’m thinking I should hopefully get them at the exchanges next week. Thanks for everything mom, I love you! Elder Johnson PS I’m pretty impressed with your espaƱol! Elder Johnson & Elder Scott who were companions in the MTC, with another Elder also from the MTC Doing some teaching at the wax museum!

No comments:

Post a Comment