Monday, May 28, 2012

May 28, 2012

Hola mama, This week has been really good and really really busy. We were able to baptize 4 people yesterday. I was going to send you pictures today of the baptisms from last week and this week, but the computer isn’t working, sorry I’ll try to send them next week. One of the cool things about the baptismal service yesterday, was that the guy who was possessed, I confirmed him in the morning in sacrament meeting, and then right after church he received the priesthood and baptized his 12 year old son that didn’t want to get baptized last week. It was a really cool experience to see how far this family has progressed in the last couple of weeks. We baptized 2 other girls from a different family, and a boy from a different family. Both of the parents of these families want to get baptized too, but they’re not married yet, so hopefully we can take them to the judge this week to get married. It has been so bloody hot down here this last week. We’ve been walking a ton everyday too. The other day, we didn’t have money for the combi, and our dinner was in another city about 5 miles away, so we decided to walk there. On the way we had to cross a ghetto Mexican bridge made out of a rope and a bunch of sandbags to cross a river. It was a pretty funny experience. I wish I would have had my camera with me. Also I wanted to say thanks for sending me the ideas for teaching the Holy Ghost too, they’ll help a lot for teaching, especially kids. I talk at lots of baptisms too, so I think it would be fun to use some of your ideas at one of our services. Keep me updated on what’s going on. Oh, and 1 more thing... I think the emergency brake problem with the Ranger is my fault. The last time I went hunting right before I left, I drove a ways with it on and looked back and saw the tires smoking and everything. I didn’t say anything because I thought it was fine, SORRY!!!!!!!!!! Use money from my account to fix whatever you need to. I love you mommy!!! Well sorry I don’t have a ton of time this week, we’ve been really busy today. This morning we went and did service, moving a bunch of panels for a roof, and then we rode in the back of a little pickup on the freeway to another house. After that we went to the University to eat with a member, and while we were there I saw a clip of the Boston Red Sox on the TV and got really trunky. But ya that was pretty much our whole p day! Anyways thanks for everything, I’ll let you know when I get the packages. I love you! ¡Hasta luego! Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment