Monday, April 30, 2012

April 16, 2012

Hey Mom, I’m glad to hear you had a good time in Cali. This week it was really hard to find anybody home because it’s their spring break right now, and it seems like everybody is gone. We had 2 people we wanted to baptize but the guy is still struggling to leave tobacco, and his wife still hasn’t prayed, but they came to our stake conference and we’re hoping to baptize them this coming week. I made them promise they would get baptized if I ate a pikin pepper, and I did so they really better come through. We’ve been working a lot with M and A; they’re the same couple we took to get married a couple of weeks ago. M is one of my best friends here. He’s a firefighter and way cool; he went with us to el Distrito last week. I went on exchanges with the zone leaders this week and they are way cool. I’m finally starting to meet the other missionaries and make friends with them and that really helps a lot. The food has been pretty good this week, and we even went to Burger King for the first time. I ate a taco of cow tongue from a street vendor just to try it, but it was actually pretty good. This week was Stake Conference, and our mission president spoke and kind of grilled all the members that they need to help us, the missionaries, more, it was pretty funny. That’s great that Brother Garcia is coming down here, more peanut butter would be great, an external hard drive for all my pictures, and other documents that people give us about church stuff. I’ll think of more stuff and let you know next week too. Tell him thanks a whole lot. The address you gave me is right; I think it’s the same one I sent you? The secretaries are only there until 1pm, so he probably needs to take it to them before then. Well we’re headed to go eat pizza with some members now. Thanks so much for everything, I love you! The Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment