Tuesday, November 6, 2012

November 5, 2012

¡Hey Family! I’m glad to hear that there’s been so much going on, don’t feel bad about the letter being long, I like to hear everything. That’s great Presidente Morales wrote you guys for the first time, it’s funny that I’ve been senior companion for a couple months and he just barely wrote to tell you guys about it. Halloween sounds like it was pretty fun. It’s weird to think I’ll be home for Halloween next year. Its crazy it seems like a ton of people are getting married right now! I’ll be sure to pray for Lisa, hopefully she can get better really soon. Today we had a zone meeting in the morning so now the rest of the day is free to do whatever. We went shopping and bought a bunch of stuff that the house really needed, like a toilet seat for example!! There’s not a Wal-Mart here but we went to Comercial Mexicana, it’s a big supermarket chain store but it’s out of our area so we have to ask permission to be able to go. So on Wednesday this week we baptized a sister named M. It was great to finally have a baptism in my new area; in fact it was the first baptism here since July! M also got confirmed yesterday and I’m sure she’s going to be a great convert. We’ve been finding lots of other new people here, and hopefully we should be having more baptisms in the coming weeks. There’s been a big change in the mission here these last couple of weeks, and starting today it is in effect 100%, we can no longer knock doors looking for people to teach. We’re supposed to focus on working only with references from the members, and if we have extra time we can contact inspired people the street. It’ll be interesting to see how it changes the mission, I think about 3/4 of the baptisms I’ve had have been references though so hopefully we can have even more baptisms by focusing on working with the members. On Thursday in the morning my district leader called me excited to tell us that we were all going to the temple! He said he didn’t know why but Presidente wanted everybody at the temple at 2 o clock that same day. We hurried and got ready to go, because it takes a while to get there in the bus and metro. A couple minutes later our district leader called back but this time he wasn’t so excited, we were only going to the temple to get a shot!! My excitement quickly turned to fear because you know how bad I hate needles! I was pretty brave though and we got to go to Burger King in DF after so it was worth it I guess. Every missionary that had been on the mission for at least 1 year had to go and get a flu shot. It turns out the new mission doctor for all of Mexico City is from Gunnison Utah and has a daughter that lives in Spanish Fork in Abbey Court. El Día de Muertos this week was pretty cool, the people put out an offering of a bunch of food and everything on a table and it’s supposedly for their loved ones that have died, so that they can come and eat the feast. Well as you probably thought the dead people don’t really need the food that bad, and 3 days after when the food is still on the table the people have a party and eat it all. It’s a really cool holiday I guess I’m thinking about instituting it in our house when I get back, ha just kidding we have Halloween. I still haven’t boiled the eggs yet, but I’ll let you know when I do because it should be pretty interesting! I got the box today that you sent with Brother Garcia, tell him thank you very much. Thank you guys very much too, I have to say the coolest thing in there is the little Preach My Gospel, you have no idea how much better that is going to feel in my backpack! Well anyways I got to go, just want to tell you that I know this church is true and that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer and that through his Atonement we can all return to live with Him and our Heavenly Father. I hope you guys have a great week, I love you! Elder Johnson
We baptized M on Halloween day, and as you can see I bought a super cool tie to go along. It even plays Halloween music and everything! It cost me 20 pesos ($1.54).

No comments:

Post a Comment