Monday, November 12, 2012

November 12, 2012

Hello Dearest family, That’s crazy you guys got so much snow this week, I’m jealous! I think I’m going to print out a couple of the pics you sent me and show the people here so they’ll stop complaining about the cold! Because it really is not that cold here at all, ha ha. I can’t believe Dane comes home this week, it doesn’t seem like it was that long ago when we went to Hooters and everything to say goodbye to him. So this week was a little different with the new way we’re working. It’s weird to not be able to knock doors, we passed by lots of members and tried to get references, but this new way is going to be a little slower I think because the members tell us the people that they think of as references but then we have to wait until they go and pass by their people and see if they want to listen to us or not. It will be good though because more of the people that we find will be able to progress because they’ll already have friends or family who are members. We actually have a couple of baptisms planned for this week of people that contacted us in the street a couple of weeks ago. Yesterday we had stake conference here. It was really cool because it was a broadcast of Richard G Scott and a couple other people from the 70 that speak Spanish. I think Elder Scott speaks Spanish the best out of the 12 apostles. It was more of a regional conference because it was broadcast to this whole area, and I think they actually broadcast it from the United States. I really liked what Lynn G Robbins said at the conference that "enduring to the end isn’t being perfect but getting up every time you fall". It made me feel good to think that we don’t have to be exactly perfect, but we need to always be improving and correcting our mistakes. I found out this week that I can sew! One of my pockets ripped and just for fun I was going to see if I could sew it and I actually was able to do it! It was the first time I’ve sewn on my mission, but now I’ve been looking for other things to sew because it was kind of fun and I was really proud of myself. I got your Plan of Salvation cutouts a couple of weeks ago, sorry I thought I told you. They’re perfect; we’ve used them in lessons and everything, thank you! I’ll let you know when I get the Christmas packages. I have no idea how Christmas will be down here or what we do as missionaries. I’m sure I’ll be able to Skype again but I’ll let you know when they give us more info about that. I love you guys, I hope you have a great week and make sure to be safe in the snow! Love Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment