Monday, October 15, 2012

October 15, 2012

Hey Mommy! What’s everybody been up to? How’s everybody doing? Wow, I can’t believe you guys did that to the car! Ha if I were you I wouldn’t let dad off the hook that easy! But you’re right, stuff happens sometimes. I haven’t gotten the letter with the plan of salvation stuff or the package, but hopefully they’re at the changes tomorrow. Yep, it’s official tomorrow I’m leaving Texcoco, but I have no idea where I’m going or who with. Elder J will be staying here. It’s been hard to say goodbye to everybody, and I’m going to miss them a lot. At the same time though I’m excited to get to know another area and start working there. This week we had another baptism of a teenage girl named M. She had lots of doubts when we were teaching her a couple weeks ago, but we helped her a lot and we committed her on Tuesday to getting baptized on Sunday and she accepted it. She asked me if I would baptize her, and it was great to be able to baptize somebody my last week in Texcoco. The only thing, I don’t know if you remember how I told you the church ran out of gas for the boiler, well anyways there still isn’t any gas and we had to fill the font with really cold water. I was freezing after, and I can only imagine how cold the poor girl was who got baptized! Yesterday at church we had five confirmations from people we had baptized the 2 weeks before, because we couldn’t confirm anybody during conference. Also, 8 of my different converts shared their testimonies in sacrament meeting. It was awesome to see the progress they’ve made from when I first met them. This week I’ve eaten so much, I’m getting so fat, a Gold’s Gym pass is the first thing I’m buying when I get home! Lots of people knew I was leaving and everybody wanted to feed us, and we can’t say no to anybody! Tonight we’re going to go say bye to some more people, and then a hermana from my ward is going to take us to Santa Martha, where everybody meets for the changes. You know how I like to wait until the last minute to do everything, well I still haven’t started to pack, so I might not be sleeping very much tonight. Anyways I gotta run and do a couple things before I leave, sorry I don’t have too much time today. I hope you guys have a great week! I love you! The Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment