Tuesday, May 22, 2012

May 8, 2012

¡Buenos Dias Mama! So this last Tuesday I got my new companion, Elder Montoya from Mexicali, Mexico. That’s by Tijuana I think. He is 27 years old! He’s really cool though, and knows a ton about the bible and everything. He was a zone leader from a different zone last exchange. This is his last 6 weeks of the mission, so it’s kind of different being his last companion he’ll have and everything. I’ve learned a ton from him, and we work so so hard! In fact I have 3 new blisters this week because we’ve been sprinting from appointment to appointment. We didn’t baptize anybody this week, but we found 28 new investigators. That’s like a record for everybody, when we reported to the zone leaders that we found 28 new people they started laughing because it’s so many. Yesterday we went to El Distrito so I could shop for new suit. He has style so we get along really good, and we both like to shop. So M, the person that we baptized a couple weeks ago has been having some problems. He still hasn’t been confirmed yet because he’s had to work on Sundays as a firefighter. His wife told us he drank a lot the other night too. So our goal is to teach him about repentance and then hurry and get him confirmed so he can have the Holy Ghost with him so he won’t want to drink anymore. He’s still our friend and we went to their house this week for the birthday party of his cousin H, who is the dad of M that I baptized a while ago. We’re also teaching another big family too that we hope to baptize this week. Their uncle actually lives in Farmington, Utah, and just married a gringa in the Salt Lake temple. We got a reference from the church offices to teach them. I got your package yesterday, over 2 months after it was sent! The candy and everything is still good though, thank you I love Easter candy! The missionary papers were cool too, they’ll actually really help thanks! There are actually 2 missionaries from Spanish Fork in this mission, Elder Blake Hunter and Elder Blaylock, I don’t really know either one very well, but the other day they both got packages too, and it took about 6 weeks for theirs to get here. They were sent exactly the same way as mine and cost the same and everything, so I think it will usually take about 6 weeks for a package, mine just got destroyed at customs for some reason this time. The card was opened when I got it, so never send me money or anything. I can’t wait to talk to you guys this Sunday; sorry it’s been so confusing with how to do Skype and what time and everything. None of the missionaries really know exactly what’s going on. The Mexican missionaries are mad too because El Día de Madre is on Thursday here, and the president just gave an announcement that they have to wait until Sunday to talk to their parents too. I’m excited to talk to you guys, it’ll be way fun! Thanks so much for everything. I’ll see you guys in about 5 days! Con amor, su hijo guapo, (With love, her handsome son) Elder Johnson Hey Dad, I actually finally got the package you guys sent yesterday. (The package was mailed 9 weeks ago) There was a letter on it from the post office of Mexico that said it had been opened so they put another clear bag over it to ensure nothing got taken out but ya everything is pretty corrupt down here. I found a 320 gb hard drive for 900 pesos at Wal-Mart, that’s only like 75 dollars I think. Don’t send me the hard drive, I’m worried I won’t get it and I’ll just buy one here. I don’t need garments or anything yet, so there’s no need to send a package right now. There are actually 2 missionaries from Spanish Fork in this mission, Elder Blake Hunter and Elder Blaylock, I don’t really know either one, but the other day they both got packages too, and it took about 6 weeks for theirs to get here. They were sent the same way as mine, so I think it will usually take about 6 weeks for a package, mine just got destroyed at customs for some reason this time. My new companion is 27 years old, and this is his last transfer in the mission. He ´s really cool though, and knows a ton, I’ve learned a lot from him. He’s trying to learn English too he sounds hilarious when he talks with his accent. I’m actually starting to forget some English too. My Spanish still isn’t fluent, but I understand almost anything, and I can say what I want to , I just don’t always say it in the most fluid way. Where are the state playoffs for 3a? Hopefully SF can beat the Delta Rabbits and whoever else is in 3a! Thanks for everything Dad; I’ll talk to you on Sunday! Con Amor

No comments:

Post a Comment