Monday, March 19, 2012

¡Hola! How was St George? Where did you guys stay? Who did Connor room with? Did he get to play at all? I’m glad to hear that Brock did so well, what a stud. Did you drive the new car down to St George? Thanks for sending the pictures too, it’s good to see what’s going on! That’s way cool you were able to read through the Ensign and learn from the last General Conference, I’ve been doing the same too! It’s crazy how much we can learn from those guys! The Update on Mexico: So this week definitely wasn’t our most successful. We weren’t able to teach very many lessons and we didn’t baptize anybody either. My stomach is still a little sick, and I had a cold this week too, but its better now. I was able to work everyday though, but we didn’t teach very many lessons mostly because the people are never home. I ate some cow stomach soup, and bit into a taco to a nice piece of hairy pig snout too! I’m already so sick of Mexican food! There’s a McDonalds and a Burger King here though, I’m going to make sure that we eat there a couple times this week. I gave 2 talks in Spanish yesterday, and I didn’t know that I was going to give either one. Somebody didn’t show up in Sacrament so they asked me to speak right then, and it was way cool that I was able to just talk in Spanish. I’m excited for this upcoming week. Our area is the biggest area in the mission, and we’ve been trying to find lots of new people in different pueblos. We should be able to baptize somebody this week too. I’m excited for conference coming up too, I think we’ll be watching it at the stake center. I’ve only seen 2 elders that I know from the MTC, I don’t think the rest of them even know that I’m here in Mexico yet. We had transfers today, but I’m staying in my same area because I’m still being trained. Thanks for keeping me updated on everything, sorry this letter is so short, I don’t have very much time today. ¡Hasta Luego! I love you! Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment