Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Hey Mom! I like the new car, it looks very nice! Where did you get it? Did you trade in the Pathfinder? So things here in Mexico are great. I still don’t know what I’m doing half the time, but I just follow my companions. We’ve been riding the metro, combis, and walking everywhere! I’ve walked more here in 2 days than I ever did in Boise. The aeropuerto in Mexico was big, but the secretaries found me okay, they were waiting at the exit for me. I’m still with the secretaries for now, but I’m going to meet my trainer tomorrow, his name is Elder Ovando, and he’s from another part of Mexico. One of the secretaries from Alabama told me that Elder Ovando doesn’t speak a lick of English, so it will be interesting at first. The area I’m going to be serving in is in a city called Texcoco, and it is in the state of Mexico. I was wrong, I thought that all the areas of my mission are in Mexico City, or Distrito Federal, but I guess only 1 of the 7 zones is actually in Distrito Federal. The rest of the areas are pretty close, but in Mexico state. I’ve been in DF the last couple of days though, and it is by far the biggest place I’ve ever been in. I ate my first taco al pastor and torta al pastor from a street vendor a couple of days ago, and they are some of the best things I’ve ever eaten in my life. So far most of the food has been okay from the members, and I haven’t been very sick at all. We’ve been teaching people who live in little square houses with cement walls, and cement floors. I’m already so thankful for everything that we have in US. I’ve used quite a few pesos already; most of the things here are so cheap its way cool. Today for our zone activity we went a fun center in the middle of Mexico City and to get there we had to take the metro, a mexibus and a combi, it took like 2 hours just to get there and it was actually in the Mexico City East boundaries, but it was way cool. We ice skated, minigolfed, went bowling, did a couple carnival ride things, and stuff like that. When we went bowling somebody told the guy my name was Johnson so he typed in the computer like Yonson. Most people have a hard time pronouncing my name it’s hilarious. I also went to Wal-Mart tonight too, it’s a little different than it is in America, but more similar than I thought it was going to be. Anyways I need to go get my stuff ready to move to another place tomorrow, I’ll let you know how everything goes. I love you! Elder Johnson PS the computer I’m using in the mission office has a Spanish keyboard and it’s hard to use punctuation and stuff, that’s why this letter might look kinda weird.
Elder Johnson ice skating in Mexico City
Elder Johnson at the Metro Station
Elder Yonson bowling
Elder Johnson looking a little nervous!

No comments:

Post a Comment