Monday, March 4, 2013

March 4, 2013

Hey Mom! How’s everything going? It sounds like you guys have had quite a wild winter, but is it getting warmer now? It’s actually been pretty cold here this week, I had to sleep with an extra blanket a couple nights and have been working in sweater almost everyday this week. Wow that’s awesome there are so many people we know getting their calls right now. The work is growing a ton. You were right, President told us in our leadership meeting on Tuesday that they’re going to split our mission in July. Three of the zones of the southeast, including the one I’m in right now will stay in our mission, and then 2 other zones from the south mission will be added here as well. Four of the other zones from our mission will be split off and will become the Mexico Chalco mission. The Chalco`s new mission president is American, but I can’t remember his name. I think it would be fun to be one of the elders that open up the new mission, but it just depends on what zone I’m in come July when the new mission and everything starts. It’ll be hard though to not see lots of the elders here who are my friends anymore when half of them will be in the other mission. On Friday a sister gave us a soup, but it had chicken gizzard in it, and just the sight of it grosses me out. I was really worried I was going to have to eat it because the sister was in the kitchen with us, but finally she stepped out of the door for a split second and when she did I threw the gizzard in my companions bowl and just said "I love you" ha it was super funny! On Wednesday I had to go and renew my visa, it’s hard to believe I’ve been in Mexico for 1 year now; the time has gone by pretty fast. This week was really loco, I had a leadership meeting on Tuesday, had to go to the other side of Distrito Federal on Wednesday to renew my visa, we’ve been working like Negros here (yeah that’s a saying in Spanish I love it) with the investigators and less actives, we had 2 other zone meetings this week and I did a couple of baptismal interviews. Also starting tonight, I’m going to do divisiones with one of the companionships in my district and I won’t get back into my area until Wednesday night. We’re working incredibly hard and I’ve been super busy with so many things but I love it. I always remember that everything we do is all worth it when I see people coming to Christ and making huge changes in their lives, like getting baptized. I still haven’t gotten the valentines package yet, and I didn’t see it in the mission office on Wednesday but I’ll let you know when I do. Yeah you’re right Easter is a pretty crazy time here because the whole week before is the Semana Santa. There’s basically something different that they do every day of the week until Easter Sunday. Elder Quentin L Cook is going to be visiting our mission on the 16th this month, I think it’s the first time an apostle has visited the Southeast mission since it started 2 years ago. Hey what’s the idea that you’re going to do with the teddy bear and the atonement? That sounds way cool let me know how it goes. I’m glad that you’re finally feeling better; I was worried and praying about you. I can’t believe that it’s already baseball season now. Keep me updated on how Connor and Brock are doing. I hope you all have a great week, I love you! Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment