Thursday, January 10, 2013

January 8, 2013

Hey everybody! So today sorry I don’t have very much time, it’s because I just got a phone call telling me that I have changes tomorrow and that I’ll be moving to a new area with a new companion. I wasn’t ready for this at all because I thought was going to be staying here and training a new missionary, but now they’re actually going to put this area as part of another one. You got to be ready for anything in Mexico! The changes aren’t till tomorrow, but they just called me with breaking news, they’re going to close my area and my companion and I both have changes. I have no idea where they’re going to send me; it’s crazy I’m really shocked right now. I’m not going to be training because the new missionaries didn’t get here; I think it’s because of the visas. This week went really well for us in the work. We’ve been focusing on working with less active members and we’ve been able to find several investigators through them. We painted the window frames of one less active sister, and yesterday her and husband went to church for the first time in 5 years. There were other several less active members that went to church yesterday and they even brought family members with them who aren’t members yet! Yesterday was el dia de reyes, which means like king’s day. The tradition here is that every January 6 the 3 magic kings come and bring presents to the kids. The kings are bigger here than Santa Claus and that’s when the kids usually get most of their gifts. The kings who bring the presents are supposedly the 3 kings that brought the gifts to Jesus when he was born. The other part of the tradition is to eat rosca de reyes which is like a giant loaf of broad in the shape of a circle and inside are dolls and if you get a piece of bread with a doll inside of it then you have to buy tamales for everybody next month. We ate rosca twice yesterday, its super good. I’m really sad to be leaving but there’s nothing we can do now. We’re leaving tomorrow morning at 11 so we hardly have anytime at all to do anything because we still have to pack and everything. It’s really weird I still don’t know what to think. I let you know everything about the changes next week. Sorry I got to run but keep me updated and tell Connor to write me, I haven’t heard from him in a while. Keep me updated on what he’s thinking about the mission. We’ll be careful tonight and stay safe. I’ll let you know how everything goes this week with the new area and companion, sorry for a short letter this week, I just got to get back and start packing though! I love you, take care and have a great week! Elder Johnson I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment