Monday, January 14, 2013

January 14, 2103

Hey Mommy, Wow the pictures of all the snow are crazy, it looks and sounds freezing there! I'm glad that dad is finally starting to feel better, i hope you and Connor get feeling better now too. Tell Con to definitely go to the mission prep class, I should have done a lot more preparation with things like that before I went to the MTC. I'm now in the area Xochitenco 2, in the city of Chimalhuacan. I'm with my first American companion I've had in Mexico and he's way cool. Elder Benfit is from Oregon and likes to go hunting and loves fly fishing. He's the only member from his family and has only been a member for 2 and a half years. He's got a great testimony and we've been working super hard together. In our ward there are 3 sets of missionaries, and we're still in the same stake/ward so I've been able to see lots of the missionaries that I've been with. The members and bishop here in this ward are really good and its been fun working with them. We've been teaching lots of people this week and working really well together. We're teaching a lady that's blind and really sick in a wheel chair right now. She and her daughter came to church yesterday and liked it. I love being able to give people hope through the Atonement and Gospel of Christ. I still haven't gotten a Christmas letter from the Bishop, I'll let you know when I do. I got a card from the Craig and Janet Lewis and the young women this week as well as an invitation to Tye`s wedding. Sorry I don't have much time this week, so the letter's going to be short again. I'll send pics the next week when i have more time. Tell Connor and Brock to write me. I love you and hope you have a great week, thanks so much for everything. Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment