Monday, February 11, 2013

February 11, 2013

Hey Mom! Sorry for not writing you last week, I felt really bad for not being able to and didn’t want you to worry but what happened is that you’re right, it was a holiday here in Mexico but it wasn’t too wild or anything. We actually went downtown with some other missionaries and we all got back super late because of the traffic and when we got back we already had appointments to go to. Downtown was super fun though, I bought some ties and my comp and I bought matching cardigans. You could say we’re pretty classy! Thanks for giving me the updates on the super bowl and the Benemerito. Lots of the members here were sad to hear that they’re shutting the school down but they’re also happy to see that the missionary work is growing so much! That’s awesome SF won their region, but I hope Con and his back get better soon so he’s all ready for baseball. Tell him to write me I haven’t heard from him in a while. My teeth are doing really good; I haven’t had any problems or anything. I haven’t gotten the Valentine package yet but I’ll let you know when I do. The 14th is el dia de San Valentin here. The cycle ends on Sunday, but we still don’t know if we’ll be having transfers yet, they tell us on Sunday night, I’ll let you know next week. How was your lesson on Adam and Eve? That’s funny that was your lesson because we’ve been studying that a ton this last week and have been trying to think of a good way to teach it. Everything has been going really good for us; we’ve been working incredibly hard, like I think harder than any other companionship has ever worked! We were going to have 2 baptisms this week of Concepcion’s grandkids but their dad who had told us he wanted to get baptized too, changed his mind and wouldn’t give them permission and doesn’t even let them come to church anymore. We were really sad for them, but there are also 2 other teenagers that we’ve been teaching who have been coming to church and reading the Book of Mormon and should be getting baptized this week. So I was on divisions with an elder from Heber the other day and that night we were in an appointment and right when we had finished the opening prayer he jumped up and ran to the bathroom and started puking! It was so gross but funny at the same time and it was super hard for me not to laugh. We do divisiones for 48 hours, so that night he slept at my house and the whole night he was up puking and everything. He’s been in Mexico longer than me, so I’m still amazed at how I didn’t get sick too. Time is going by super fast, its freaking me out that I come home in October, I try not to think about because I want to focus and take advantage of all the time I have left. I love this work and have seen so many miracles here. The Lord has blessed me so much and I’ve been able to learn so many important things that will help me for my whole life. I’ve made lots of great friends here too and I’ve already got plans to go snowboarding with 3 other elders that are in my district right now when we get back! I hope you have a great week, and sorry again for not writing last week I felt bad. I always love hearing what’s going in SF. Tell Con good luck this week with the state tourney and everything. I love you! Elder Tyler Freaking Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment