Tuesday, December 11, 2012

December 10, 2012

Hey Mommy! Thanks for all the pictures; it looks like quite the adventure you guys had with the Christmas tree! Was it worse than the time we went and walked forever and you cried? Does it look like you’ll be having a white Christmas or is the snow already melting? So this last Thursday we had our zone conference/ Christmas get together. It was with our zone and one other. First we had training from a stake president, President Morales and the assistentes and then we ate. It was one of the first meals I’ve had in 9 months where we didn’t eat tortillas it was a nice change! Also we have a devastating new rule here in our mission; we can no longer eat tacos from the street! It’s really sad I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to handle it, I love tacos al pastor! No but really it’s because a lot of missionaries have been getting sick to their stomachs and appendixes and everything. Well anyways after everybody talked there was a funny talent show and that was pretty much it. I got 2 packages from you guys, and don’t worry I’m saving them till Christmas to open them. My companion and I have been getting in the Christmas spirit; we even bought a mini fake pine tree and Christmas lights to put on it. The only problem is the little tree is too small to hold all the lights so we’re still trying to come up with a better idea to put the lights. A and M got married on Wednesday, and then on Sunday they were able to get baptized. Their baptism was really cool because M’s whole family came and our mission president came as well to our ward yesterday. They’re a golden couple and are going to be great converts. We actually just got done doing a family home evening with them and some other members in the ward. Hopefully we’ll be able to get to teach the rest of the family as well now. They told us we’ll be calling our families on the 24th. I’ll be skyping you guys on Christmas Eve in the afternoon, about what time would be best for you guys? Are you going to go see Jerry that day? I still haven’t bought the turkey yet but I talked to the sister and she supposedly knows how to cook it. They’re excited for the turkey dinner, and one of the less active sisters I invited already invited her non member son to come. Sorry the letter is pretty short today, its because I haven’t had time and the computer I was using earlier wouldn’t let me type very well so I just reported to the mission president and then we had to leave to go the family home evening. Today we had a zone meeting in the morning and then after we went with 2 other missionaries to eat pizza at Domino’s and then we went to Bodega Aurrera, its a big store owned by Wal-Mart, I’m not sure what the difference is or why they have both of the stores here but ya. I bought a board game that’s the Mexican equivalent of Monopoly today because we’re going to have to stay in our house a couple of days this month for the holidays and safety reasons. I love you guys, I’m really going to miss not being with you guys for Christmas, but I know that this area, and exactly this ward is where I need to be. I’ve seen the Lord’s hand in the work we’re doing here and wouldn’t change this blessing for anything. Have a great week and be careful in the snow! The Elder Johnson El misionero mas guapo de la mision Mexico Ciudad de Mexico Sureste...(The cutest missionary in the Southeastern Mexico Mexico City Mission...) I agree!

No comments:

Post a Comment